All girls love to dress up regardless of height and age. But your dress may look baggy due to an improper fit, violating the figure's proportions and visually shortening the height. We will tell you how to choose dresses for petite ladies and always look irresistible.
Checklist How to Choose Dresses for Petite Ladies
When choosing small women clothes, first understand whether you like them. If yes, review this checklist to see if it makes you visually taller:
- Vertical lines, be it a print or a cut element, also elongate the silhouette visually. Choose narrow lines instead of wide ones. Talking about prints in general, small patterns are preferable for short stature.
- A V or U neckline is an option for you! Such a neckline is highly recommended for anyone who wants to appear taller since it visually stretches the neck.
- The ideal length for women's petite dresses is mini or to the floor. Sheath dresses are perfect models for short beauties.
- Every girl wants to look like a princess. If you can't take your eyes off puffy skirts or ruffled tops, wear a high platform or heels, visually increasing your height and height/volume proportions.
- Are you going to wear petite womens clothing with a print, then avoid large patterns? Small or medium would be perfect for decorating a dress without over-saturating it with colors and patterns.
- If you prefer long evening dresses to other models, then watch they are made of light and flowing fabric.
Remember shoes! It is best to wear heels, as they visually stretch the silhouette. And be sure to find shoes to match your dress so your legs look longer.
What Should Petit Women Avoid?
The most important things girls with short stature need to avoid are horizontal lines and incorrect proportions. Now in more detail about it:
Large prints and patterns, decorative details, and contrasting combinations in clothes for shorter women make the silhouette shorter and break the figure into parts. Against the background of any large element on your clothes, you look even smaller.
A mid-calf-length skirt is not an option. But if you like midi, try to emphasize a waist with a cute belt. It would be best if you also avoided low-waisted models that will make your legs look shorter than they are. Stylists assure that a maxi dress will look perfect on short girls if you choose a model that covers shoes.
Best Dresses for Petite Women
It’s time to find out how short girls use the advantages of their height and figure to hide their flaws with the help of beauty tricks:
Take a closer look at A-line dresses. Their cut is not tight-fitting but not too loose: combined with a short length, the style will emphasize the fragility and femininity of a short girl. Winter options are petite dresses for women made of dense materials in black, wine, or beige, and summer options are weightless models made of cotton and linen in a light palette.
Large prints on gowns for petite ladies often create excessive heaps and make them look heavier — petite women should abandon them in favor of plain models. The choice of color is not limited, but it is important to note that bright outfits on girls of short stature sometimes evoke associations with children's clothing.
This dress model suits everyone — tall and petite, young girls and adult ladies. The secret of this dress is in the perfect hourglass silhouette it creates. You can complete the look with classic heels, strict bags, oversized sunglasses, and collected hair. As we said above, the length should be at or slightly above the knees, and it is better to choose high-heeled shoes in skin tones, which will also visually lengthen the legs.
It was said that dresses for women of small stature should be light and weightless — it’s about material, cut, and style. The only exception is puffy sleeves: despite the volume, they do not clutter up the image — on the contrary, they add femininity and playfulness.
Side Slit Dresses
A spectacular cut on outfits for petite women makes the legs almost endless — what short women need. Pair it with strappy sandals or heels, and a casual summer dress will turn into a Hollywood outfit for a memorable evening. It is essential that accessories, hair, and makeup match the look — such a noticeable accent, like a side slit, requires an impeccable approach to planning an image.
Small growth is more demanding than medium and tall, but it is not a disadvantage. It is only essential to understand your features, consider them when choosing a dress, and adhere to the above recommendations.
We recommend visiting Milla's online store if you need help finding extra small women's dresses. Experienced stylists will help determine the model and size. The store delivers exclusive dresses to New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, and other major cities in the USA and worldwide. It guarantees returns and exchanges of fit dresses that will not suit you.